Russia Suspended from All UEFA, FIFA Competitions
Tuesday, 01 March 2022 – 09:31 GMT+7
"The decision is effective immediately and covers all existing agreements including the UEFA Champions League, UEFA national team competitions, and UEFA Euro 2024," read a UEFA statement.
The executive board of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) also made recommendations to international sports federations not to include athletes and team staff from Russia and Belarus.
It is the strongest move taken yet by the international sports community to isolate Russia from global competition, the IOC said. (mcr9/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Gara-gara Putin, Rusia Dilarang Ikut Piala Dunia dan Kompetisi Sepak Bola Eropa
FIFA and UEFA have suspended the Russia from international soccer competitions.
- US Insists Russia Should Be Expelled from G20 in Bali
- These Five Portuguese Players Shine During World Cup Qualifier
- Bali to Repatriate Indonesian Migrant Workers from Russia
- Russia's Economy Worsens, Ukraine Claims Opposite
- Singapore to Impose Appropriate Sanctions, Restrictions on Russia
- China Supports Security Dialogue Between NATO, EU and Russia