Police Chief Orders Early Anticipation Ahead of Year-End Holidays
jpnn.com, JAKARTA - National Police chief General Listyo Sigit Prabowo has instructed all police members to map and anticipate early on potential disturbances to public security and order ahead of Christmas and New Year holidays.
"All working and regional unit heads must begin to map out potential vulnerabilities and prepare security plans and anticipatory steps," said Listyo, Wednesday (24/11).
He said that although so far the situation was relatively conducive, anticipation was still needed because there would be many activities during the end of the year.
The four-star general said that they also needed to anticipate disturbances by Papuan armed groups, demonstrations, and acts of terrorism.
Listyo also asked police members to move quickly in mitigating natural disasters.
He said that it was necessary to conduct disaster mitigation simulations so that all personnel on duty were ready and aware.
"We should establish evacuation posts, prepare evacuation facilities, and prevent waterlogging in collaboration with relevant stakeholders to accelerate flood management, evacuation of residents, distribution of logistics, and other things," he said.
In addition, Listyo emphasized that police members should focus on preparing for Covid-19 control ahead of the year-end holidays.
All police members must map and anticipate early on potential disturbances to public security and order ahead of Christmas and New Year holidays.
- North Lubuklinggau Police Chief Removed Over Death of Prisoner
- Sigit Asks Police Chiefs to Guard Distribution of Cooking Oil
- Former Soppeng Police Chief Murdered by Group of People
- Female Police Officer Fired for Having Affair, Police Chief Sued
- 1.4 Million Vehicles Leave Greater Jakarta During Christmas
- 3,000 Security Personnel Guard Christmas Celebrations in Surabaya