Jokowi Appoints Arief Prasetyo Adi as Head of National Food Agency
english.jpnn.com, JAKARTA - President Joko Widodo has appointed Arief Prasetyo Adi as Head of the National Food Agency (BPN).
Presidential secretary Heru Budi Hartono confirmed the inauguration at the State Palace, Monday (21/2).
"Yes, that's right," Heru told JPNN.com briefly.
BPN is a new institution established after Presidential Regulation Number 66/2021 was issued.
Jokowi signed the Presidential Regulation on July 29, 2021.
The new agency has 11 functions, including coordinating, formulating, and determining food availability policies; stabilizing food supply and prices, food security, and nutrition; and diversifying food consumption.
Before becoming the head of BPN, Arief was the President Director of PT Rajawali Nusantara Indonesia (RNI), a state-owned firm that handles food and trade.
Arief started his career in the food sector in 2015.
President Joko Widodo has appointed Arief Prasetyo Adi as Head of the National Food Agency (BPN).
- US Believes in Indonesia, Here is the Proof
- Puan Opens Up About Meeting with Jokowi at Bogor Palace
- Jokowi Says Fuel Prices Can No Longer Be Lower Down
- Jokowi Welcomes Papua New Guinea PM at Presidential Palace
- Jokowi Expresses Gratitude for Success of MotoGP Mandalika
- Jokowi Stops Packaged Cooking Oil Subsidies