Trans Singer Reaps Controversy for Wanting to Be Buried Female
jpnn.com, JAKARTA - Indonesian singer, presenter, and comedian Dorce Gamalama, who is a trans woman, has reaped controversy after expressing her wish to be buried as a female.
The 58-year-old is reportedly suffering from Alzheimer's disease in the middle of recovering from diabetes.
Lecturer Gus Miftah wished Dorce a speedy recovery, but he also criticized her will.
"I heard that [Dorce] has several wills, including dismissing the 40-day tahlil ceremony and being buried as a woman," Gus said on the OFFICIAL NITNOT YouTube channel.
According to Al-Hujurat, God created only two sexes, male and female, he said. Then, in fiqh, there is a third gender called Khunsa, according to Gus.
"The problem is that if [Dorce] wants to be considered a girl or a boy, [Dorce] must undergo a medical analysis," he said.
Gus said Dorce should "return to the nature" after death. (chi/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Dorce Gamalama Ingin Dimakamkan Secara Perempuan, Gus Miftah: Kodratnya Dia Laki-laki
Dorce Gamalama has reaped controversy after expressing her wish to be buried as a female.
- Singer Dewi Perssik Opens Up About Past Miscarriage
- Nikita Mirzani Addresses Controversy Over Paris Fashion Week
- Indonesian Singer Yus Yunus Dies at 59
- Mawar AFI's Ex-Husband Marries His Child's Nanny After Divorce
- Manpower Ministry to 'Simplify' Controversial Old-Age Benefit Policy
- Singer Ashanty Shares Moments with First Grandchild