MotoGP Mandalika to Bring 100,000 Spectators in 2022
jpnn.com, NUSA TENGGARA BARAT - The Motor Grand Prix (MotoGP) at the Mandalika Circuit is only two months away.
The second series of the MotoGP will happen on March 18-20, 2022.
Before the world-class racing event takes place, the Mandalika Circuit will hold a MotoGP pre-season test on February 11-13, 2022.
The audience for the upcoming event is predicted to be much larger than the audience during the World Superbike (WSBK) in November 2021.
"Indeed, the number of spectators has not yet been determined, but we predict it can reach 100,000. It's unlike the WSBK that was limited to only 25,000," said West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) Police chief Senior Commissioner Imam Thobroni.
That said, Imam ensured that there would be more intensive security.
"During the WSBK, we deployed 2,700 security personnel. For the MotoGP, we will deploy up to 3,000," he said.
According to Imam, there will also be an upgrade to security equipment, ranging from helicopters and police ships to vehicle scanners.
The number of spectators for the upcoming event is predicted to reach 100,000, according to the police.
- NTB Governor Asked to Evaluate MotoGP Ticket Sales
- Jokowi Expresses Gratitude for Success of MotoGP Mandalika
- Miguel Oliveira Wins Mandalika MotoGP, Closer to Marquez's Record
- 15 Tested Positive for Covid-19 During MotoGP Pre-Season Test
- Espargaro Fastest in Mandalika, Top Challenger for Other Racers
- 'World's Most Beautiful Circuit': MotoGP Praises Mandalika