Indonesia Vs Vietnam 0-0: Lots of Drama in Injury Time
jpnn.com, SINGAPORE - The Indonesian national soccer team drew 0-0 against Vietnam in the third mathday of Group B of the 2020 AFF Cup at Bishan Stadium, Singapore, Wednesday (15/12) night.
This keeps Indonesia entrenched at the top of the standings thanks to a collection of seven points. Vietnam trailed in second place only to lose a goal.
In this match, Indonesia fielded a different line-up from the previous two matches against Cambodia and Laos.
Three central defenders were deployed simultaneously with the absence of Elkan Baggott due to having to undergo quarantine.
Fachruddin Aryanto, Alfeandra Dewangga, and Rizky Ridho had to work hard because they practically survived 80 percent of the Vietnamese attack.
In the 28th minute, Nguyen Quang Hai had a chance with a shot that was aimed at the goal, but the ball still hit the feet of an Indonesian player and so easily saved by Nadeo.
In the 34th minute, Phan Van Duc got space to open fire. However, his shot still bounced on the body of an Indonesian player. Chong Phuang tried to head the rebound, but Nadeo swiftly caught the ball.
On the other hand, when Indonesia was about to build an attack, the flow of the ball directed at Irfan Jaya, Ezra Walian, and Witan Sulaeman could always be blocked by opposing players.
The Indonesian national soccer team drew 0-0 against Vietnam in the third mathday of Group B of the 2020 AFF Cup.
- Shin Rules Out AFF Alumni Players in Match Against Timor Leste
- After 2020 AFF Cup, Pratama Arhan Wanted by South Korean Clubs
- Shin Tae Yong Readies Garuda Squad for Three Competitions in 2022
- Jokowi Proud of Indonesia's Achievement in 2020 AFF Cup
- Thailand Wins 2020 AFF Cup, Draws 2-2 With Garuda in Last Match
- 'Thailand Played Perfectly': Shin Tae Yong Admits Indonesia's Defeat