China's Peng Shuai Returns to Public Spotlight After Scandal
jpnn.com, CHINA - Chinese tennis athlete Peng Shuai is slowly appearing in public after briefly disappearing following her exposing the sexual harassment scandal by former Chinese vice premier Zhang Gaoli.
Peng Shuai admitted that she was harassed by Zhang Gaoli about three years ago. The two-time Grand Slam winner posted the allegations on the social media site Weibo on November 2, 2021, although she immediately deleted the post.
From then on, Peng Shuai seemed to have disappeared into the earth.
The disappearance of the 35-year-old has caused anxiety from many parties. Some people attribute Peng Shuai to being in a threatened condition after exposing the scandal.
However, Peng Shuai turned out to be fine. This was known after the President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), Thomas Bach, made a video call with the tennis player.
Bach said Peng Shuai was safe.
"She explained that she is safe and well, living at her home in Beijing, but would like to have her privacy respected at this time," the IOC said in a statement.
The IOC ensured that it would provide full support to Peng Shuai.
Chinese tennis athlete Peng Shuai is slowly appearing in public after briefly disappearing following her exposing the sexual harassment scandal.
- SEA Games 2021: Indonesian Tennis Wins A Gold, as Minister Amalis Came
- Manchester City Advance to Semifinals of Champions League
- Complete List of Indonesian Players in Badminton Asia Championship
- Indonesia Fails to Win 2022 AFF Futsal Championship
- Indonesia Leads 1-0 Over Thailand in First Half of AFF Futsal Final
- Indonesia U-19 Attend Final Test Against Pohang Steelers FC