Omicron Has Entered East Java, Number of Cases Unconfirmed
jpnn.com, JAWA TIMUR - Omicron has entered East Java, although the local administration has not confirmed how many patients have contracted the Covid-19 variant.
East Java Health Agency head Erwin Astha Triyono has confirmed this information.
Meanwhile, East Java Secretariat administrative bureau head Moh. Ali Kuncoro said that he had received a written message from dr. Soetomo General Hospital president director Joni Wahyuhadi.
"Please improve the implementation of health protocols because Omicron has been detected around us," the message read.
Covid-19 cases in East Java have continued to rise. The East Java Covid-19 task force noted 15 more cases on Saturday (1/1).
Thus, there are 98 active cases in East Java at the moment.
The total number of Covid-19 cases since the pandemic hit the province was 400,081. Of those, 370,237 have recovered and 29,746 died. (mcr12/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Jebol, Varian Omicron Sudah Masuk ke Jatim
Omicron has entered East Java, although the local administration has not confirmed how many patients have contracted the Covid-19 variant.
- No More Mask! Indonesia Ease Covid-19 Restrictions Starting Today
- Tunjungan Plaza Mall in Surabaya Catches Fire
- Unud Implements Full Offline Learning as Covid-19 Cases Decline
- News Presenter Ira Koesno's Father Dies Due to Covid-19
- Moderna Booster Vaccine Now Available in Jakarta
- Jonatan Christie Eliminated from German Open, Contracts Covid-19