Two Marines Die After Egianus Kogoya's Attack in Nduga, Papua
english.jpnn.com, NDUGA - The number of victims of the attack by the Egianus Kogoya group in Nduga, Papua, has increased to two, after First Private Wison Anderson Here took his last breath, Sunday (27/3) early morning.
He went through a critical period after suffering serious injuries in the abdomen.
Anderson died following another soldier, namely First Lieutenant M. Iqbal.
Nduga Police chief Senior Adjutant Commissioner I Komang Budiartha revealed that the bodies of the two Indonesian marines were flown to Timika at 8.45 a.m. local time. Anderson and Iqbal were evacuated using military helicopters.
"They were evacuated from Kenyam to Timika and will be returned to their respective villages," said Komang.
Anderson and Iqbal died after the Quari Bawah Fisheries Task Force Post was attacked by Egianus Kogoya, Saturday (26/3) afternoon.
Eight other marines were seriously injured and are now receiving medical treatment.
Based on data obtained by JPNN, the attack occurred at 5.50 p.m. local time, with the group throwing grenades. (mcr30/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Prajurit TNI AL Dihujani Granat di Papua, Korban yang Gugur Bertambah
At least two marines have died following the Egianus Kogoya group's attack in Nduga, Papua.
- Jakarta Claims Majority of Papuans Support New Province
- Indonesia Condemns Attack on Al-Aqsa Mosque in Palestine
- Police Detain Rico Valentino, Putra Siregar for Alleged Attack
- General Dudung's Entourage Has Accident in Papua, One Dies
- Moeldoko Condemns Attack on Ade Armando During Student Protest
- Attack on Lecturer Ade Armando Was Planned, Says IPW