Smart Aviation Plane Skids Due to Slippery Runway in Papua
english.jpnn.com, PAPUA - A Pilatus plane belonging to Smart Cakrawala Aviation skidded at the Kampung Bayabiru Perintis Airfield, Paniai regency, Papua, Saturday (26/2) morning.
There were no fatalities or injuries in the incident.
However, the plane, piloted by Capt. David Alonso and co-pilot Febrian Sahe, suffered severe damage to the front.
Papua Police spokesman Senior Commissioner AM Kamal said the accident was allegedly caused by the runway being slippery and uphill.
"During landing, the plane skidded into a ditch and then hit a residential area," said Kamal.
According to him, the commercial aircraft carried a pilot, a co-pilot, and four passengers.
"The passengers were just shocked, but everything is fine," said Kamal. (mcr30/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Landasan Licin, Pesawat Smart Aviation Tergelincir Lalu Tabrak Permukiman
A Smart Aviation aircraft skidded at the Kampung Bayabiru Perintis Airfield, Paniai regency, Papua.
- Jakarta Claims Majority of Papuans Support New Province
- General Dudung's Entourage Has Accident in Papua, One Dies
- Armed Group Allegedly Shoots at Kenyam Airport in Papua
- Two Marines Die After Egianus Kogoya's Attack in Nduga, Papua
- Boeing 737 Carrying 132 People Crashes in China's Forest
- TNI Commander Departs for Papua After Three Soldiers Killed