Moeldoko Condemns Attack on Ade Armando During Student Protest
english.jpnn.com, JAKARTA - Presidential Chief of Staff Moeldoko has condemned the attack against social media activist and University of Indonesia lecturer Ade Armando in front of the Parliament building in Jakarta, Monday (11/4).
He said that the attack in the midst of a supposedly peaceful student demonstration was an act of cowardice.
"I condemn the anarchic actions against Ade Armando," said Moeldoko in a statement.
He stressed that the government welcomed criticism and input from the public through various channels, including demonstrations.
Moeldoko asked the security forces not to hesitate to take firm action against the alleged perpetrators.
The police have confirmed that the attackers were not student protesters.
They also suspected that the attack was not related to the issues expressed by the students. (antara/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Ade Armando Babak Belur, Moeldoko Bereaksi Keras, Begini Kalimatnya
Moeldoko has condemned the attack against Ade Armando during a student demonstration.
- Indonesia Condemns Attack on Al-Aqsa Mosque in Palestine
- Top University's Student Head Calls Minister Luhut Arrogant
- Police Detain Rico Valentino, Putra Siregar for Alleged Attack
- Attack on Lecturer Ade Armando Was Planned, Says IPW
- Lecturer Ade Armando Attacked During Chaotic Student Protest
- Student Demonstration in Jakarta Ends in Chaos