Armed Policeman Rampages in Nairobi, His Wife Becomes First Victim
jpnn.com, NAIROBI - A Kenyan police officer on Tuesday went on a rampage in Nairobi, shooting dead six people before killing himself, police said.
The policeman initially shot his wife dead in their home before doing the same to five other people using an AK-47 rifle, according to a police report.
The police did not mention the reason why the policeman committed the attacks.
Three of the men who were killed were mourners who had just attended preparations for a funeral, the DCI said.
"After killing the three, the cop then turned his rifle at two boda boda [motorcycle] riders, one of whom lost his life while undergoing treatment,” police said.
Francis Wahome, the police officer in charge of the Daegoretti area in Nairobi, confirmed the shooting and the death toll but gave no further details.
Residents at the scene of the shooting then set fire to tires on the streets in protest against the violence, a witness said.
This deadly act by the police was not the first time to happen in Kenya.
A Kenyan police officer on Tuesday went on a rampage in Nairobi, shooting dead six people, including his wife.
- US Insists Russia Should Be Expelled from G20 in Bali
- Boeing 737 Carrying 132 People Crashes in China's Forest
- Fed Raises Benchmark Interest Rate
- Russian General Dies at Hands of Ukrainian Sniper
- Russia's Economy Worsens, Ukraine Claims Opposite
- Saudi Arabia Fosters Ties with Russia Despite Ukraine Crisis