Dorce Gamalama Dies of Covid-19
english.jpnn.com, JAKARTA - Indonesian senior entertainer Dorce Gamalama passed away at Pertamina Central Hospital, Simprug, South Jakarta, Wednesday (16/2) morning. She was 58.
Dangdut singer and friend of Dorce, Hetty Sunjaya, revealed that Dorce died due to exposure to Covid-19.
"She died at 7.30 in the morning. She had Covid-19 and was hospitalized for almost three weeks," Hetty told reporters.
Hetty said Dorce's health condition had deteriorated and she fell unconscious when she was rushed to the hospital.
Hetty added that she was not allowed to see Dorce's body due to Covid-19 protocols.
Before her death, Dorce, who was a trans woman, had reaped controversy after expressing her wish to be buried as a female. (antara/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Innalillahi, Dorce Gamalama Meninggal Dunia Terpapar Covid-19
Indonesian senior entertainer Dorce Gamalama passed away due to exposure to Covid-19.
- No More Mask! Indonesia Ease Covid-19 Restrictions Starting Today
- Unud Implements Full Offline Learning as Covid-19 Cases Decline
- News Presenter Ira Koesno's Father Dies Due to Covid-19
- Moderna Booster Vaccine Now Available in Jakarta
- Jonatan Christie Eliminated from German Open, Contracts Covid-19
- Nikita Mirzani Addresses Controversy Over Paris Fashion Week