Spanish Man Grows Hydroponic Marijuana in Bali
jpnn.com, BALI - A Spanish man, identified as GAS, was arrested by the narcotics unit of the Badung Police at a villa on Jalan Karang Suwung, Tibubeneng, North Kuta, Badung.
The police secured 19 marijuana plants, 17 marijuana seeds weighing 2.18 grams, and other related evidence items.
"The suspect developed his marijuana garden using a hydroponic system," said Badung Police Chief Senior Adjutant Commissioner Leo Dedy Defretes, Thursday (9/12).
According to Leo, the suspect's plantation was indoor, with the temperature set to a certain extent using assistive lighting.
Leo said the home industry of hydroponic marijuana was not new. A hydroponic marijuana plant can be harvested in just 70-90 days.
Leo said the perpetrator was an entrepreneur and had been living in Bali for 20 years.
"We are still investigating what the activities of this perpetrator had been like for 20 years. However, during control delivery, a package suspected of containing narcotics was found in his villa. There is suspicion of a network. So, the case needs to be developed to find out other people involved with the perpetrator," said Leo.
The plant seeds owned by this perpetrator were reportedly sourced from the Netherlands.
A Spanish man, identified as GAS, was arrested by the narcotics unit of the Badung Police for planting marijuana.
- US Insists Russia Should Be Expelled from G20 in Bali
- Former Adult Film Star Maria Ozawa Arrives in Bali
- Australian Woman Denied Entry to Bali Due to Moldy Passport
- Toll Road Project in Bali Worth Rp 24.6 Trillion to Start in June
- These Are Requirements to Enter Bali, Batam, Bintan
- Bali to Repatriate Indonesian Migrant Workers from Russia