Thailand Beat Indonesia 4-0 in First Leg of AFF Cup Finals
jpnn.com, SINGAPORE - The Indonesian national soccer team lost 0-4 to Thailand in the first leg of the 2020 AFF Cup finals at the National Stadium, Singapore, Wednesday (29/12) night.
Indonesia will have to fight extra hard in the second leg which will take place on January 1, 2022. They must win at least by a five-goal margin in order to clean up the game.
Thailand, according to predictions, locked up the Indonesian defense. When the game had only been running for a few minutes, Thailand immediately threatened the Indonesian goal, but the ball was secured by a Garuda defender.
After that, another attack came against the left side of Indonesia's defense. Thailand's second attack was far more dangerous.
Starting from the movement of Philip Roller who outwit Rachmat Irianto, the ball was then sent to the middle and kicked easily by Chanathip. Goal! Thailand led 1-0.
Indonesia tried to counterattack. Unfortunately, the efforts were always broken by the opponents.
The Thai team had another dangerous opportunity through Chanathip. The 28-year-old penetrated and sent the ball to the far post. Luckily, Nadeo was able to block the ball.
In the 15th minute, Indonesia got a freekick. Unfortunately, the opportunity was swept away by Thai players easily.
The Indonesian national soccer team lost 0-4 to Thailand in the first leg of the 2020 AFF Cup finals.
- Chelsea Beat Lille in First Leg of Champions League Last 16
- Shin Rules Out AFF Alumni Players in Match Against Timor Leste
- After 2020 AFF Cup, Pratama Arhan Wanted by South Korean Clubs
- Shin Tae Yong Readies Garuda Squad for Three Competitions in 2022
- Jokowi Proud of Indonesia's Achievement in 2020 AFF Cup
- Thailand Wins 2020 AFF Cup, Draws 2-2 With Garuda in Last Match