Elkan Baggott to Join Garuda Squad in Sunday's Match Against Laos
jpnn.com, SINGAPORE - A number of new faces, including Elkan Baggott, will join the Garuda squad to compete against Laos in the 2020 AFF Cup on Sunday (12/12), coach Shin Tae Yong has confirmed.
The defender, who is part of English club Ipswich Town, is expected to patch up the back sector of the Indonesian national team, which conceded two goals in the 4-2 win over Cambodia on Thursday (09/12).
"For the next match, I will fix the defensive issue. Several players, including Elkan, will join. So, there must be improvements going forward," said Shin.
The defense sector of the Garuda squad received sharp criticism from homeland football lovers. Playing against Cambodia, the opponent repeatedly threatened the Indonesian team's goal, which was escorted by goalkeeper Syahrul Fadil.
Therefore, Shin has high hopes for 19-year-old Elkan, who was already in Singapore when Indonesia competed against Cambodia.
Elkan, however, was reserved when his team players were fighting Cambodia as he was considered not fit enough. (pssi/mcr15/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Shin Tae Yong Sampaikan Kabar Baik Soal Elkan Baggott
Elkan Baggott will join the Garuda squad to compete against Laos in the 2020 AFF Cup on Sunday (12/12).
- Indonesia Fails to Win 2022 AFF Futsal Championship
- Elkan Baggott Regularly Trains with Ipswich Town First Team
- With Elkan Baggott as Starter, Ipswich Town Sets Great Record
- Pratama Arhan Signed by Japanese League Club
- Shin Rules Out AFF Alumni Players in Match Against Timor Leste
- After 2020 AFF Cup, Pratama Arhan Wanted by South Korean Clubs