Mathias Chistiansen, Alexandra Boje Destroy Indonesian Pair
jpnn.com, BALI - Mathias Christiansen and Alexandra Boje deserve to be dubbed as the killing machine of Indonesian mixed doubles at the 2021 Indonesia Open.
In this super 1000 tournament, the Danish duo has beaten several mixed doubles representing the host country.
Rinov Rivaldy and Pitha Haningtyas Mentari became Christiansen and Boje's first victims. Rinov and Pitha were defeated in a rubber game with a score of 21-14, 13-21, and 21-16.
Continuing to the last 16, Christiansen and Boje beat the host heroes Praveen Jordan and Melati Daeva Oktavianti in two straight games with a score of 23-21 and 21-14.
The last victims were Hafiz Faizal and Gloria Emanuelle Widjaja. In the match, which took place at the Bali International Convention Center, Friday (26/11), the sixth seed of the 2021 Indonesia Open lost with a score of 21-14, 11-21, and 18-21.
After the match, Christiansen admitted that the wins had boosted his confidence to play well in the upcoming match.
"We are very happy to win this match and to qualify for the semifinals of the 2021 Indonesia Open," said Christiansen.
After this, Christiansen and Boje will face Yuta Watanabe and Arisa Higashino.
Mathias Christiansen and Alexandra Boje deserve to be dubbed as the killing machine of Indonesian mixed doubles at the 2021 Indonesia Open.
- SEA Games 2021: Indonesian Tennis Wins A Gold, as Minister Amalis Came
- Manchester City Advance to Semifinals of Champions League
- Complete List of Indonesian Players in Badminton Asia Championship
- Indonesia Fails to Win 2022 AFF Futsal Championship
- Indonesia Leads 1-0 Over Thailand in First Half of AFF Futsal Final
- Indonesia U-19 Attend Final Test Against Pohang Steelers FC