All England: Antonsen Beats World Champion, Loses to Lakshya
english.jpnn.com, INGGRIS - Danish men's singles Anders Antonsen started the 2022 All England race on a sweet note.
The player ranked third in the world beat Singapore's Loh Kean Yew through a rubber game with a score of 21-15, 18-21, and 21-13.
The victory also erased the dark shadows that haunted Antonsen after meeting the 2021 world champion.
Previously, Antonsen had been beaten by Loh at the 2021 BWF World Tour Finals.
Loh, on the other hand, admitted that Antonsen had a deadly blow.
"His shot quality was much better than mine and he kept up the pressure," said Loh.
In the top 16, Antonsen was beaten by India's Lakshya Sen, who had successfully defeated his compatriot, Sourabh Verma, in the first round.
Lakshya just finished runner-up in the 2022 German Open. (mcr15/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: All England 2022: Balas Dendam Manis, Anders Antonsen Pukul Mundur Juara Dunia
Anders Antonsen beat Singapore's Loh Kean Yew but Lost to India's Lakshya Sen.
- Anders Antonsen Locks Place in Swiss Open Quarter-Finals
- Lakhsya Sen Thwarts Lee Zii Jia's Title Defense at All England
- Jonatan Christie Beats Kunlavut Vitidsarn in All England Last 16
- Gregoria Mariska Gets Feedback from PBSI After Loss at All England
- Two World's Top Players Eliminated from German Open
- PBSI Excludes Several Players from German Open, All England