At Least Five Killed in Serial Road Accident in Balikpapan
jpnn.com, BALIKPAPAN - A serial road accident killed at least five people at Simpang Rapak, Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, Friday (21/1) morning.
The East Kalimantan Police are still examining the possibility of more victims.
The driver of a container truck, identified with the initials MA, has been detained by the police.
East Kalimantan Police director Senior Commissioner Sonny Irawan said the accident started with MA (48) driving his vehicle from a parking lot on Jalan Pulau Balang.
His 20-foot container would transport 20 tons of water-cleaning lime to Kampung Baru, West Balikpapan.
"Arriving in front of Bank Mandiri Muara Rapak, the brakes were not working, and the truck slid out of control and crashed into the vehicles in front of it," said Sonny in a written statement.
Due to the accident, the Balikpapan Transportation Agency diverted the road access to facilitate the evacuation process of the victims.
"The traffic at Simpang Rapak is currently under control," said the agency. (mar1/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Kecelakaan Beruntun di Simpang Rapak Balikpapan Menewaskan 5 Orang
A serial road accident killed at least five people at Simpang Rapak, Balikpapan, East Kalimantan.
- Gojek Most Used for Transportation and Logistics in Indonesia
- US Believes in Indonesia, Here is the Proof
- Government Admits Indonesia's Correctional System So Far Behind Western Countries
- Jakarta Claims Majority of Papuans Support New Province
- Love Triangle Leads to Murder of Makassar Transportation Officer
- Tunjungan Plaza Mall in Surabaya Catches Fire