TNI Personnel Allegedly Burned Down Journalist's House in Aceh
jpnn.com, ACEH - A journalist's house in Aceh was allegedly burned down by TNI personnel in July 2019, said the Aceh chapter of the Alliance of Independent Journalists (AJI Aceh).
The journalist was Asnawi Luwi, who wrote for the Serambi Indonesia publication.
AJI Aceh chairperson Juli Amin said his team had conducted an investigation for several days after the incident occurred in Southeast Aceh.
"We conclude that the incident was purely triggered by a news report," Juli said in Banda Aceh, Tuesday (11/1).
He added that Asnawi's wife and children had been severely traumatized by the incident.
According to Juli, the perpetrators also threatened to kill Asnawi and his family.
"We don't want the perpetrators to be punished only for [the incident] because there was also a death threat," said Juli.
The Aceh Police has handed over the case to the Iskandar Muda Military Police. (ant/fat/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Pembakar Rumah Wartawan Diduga Oknum TNI, AJI Aceh Ungkap Hasil Investigasi
A journalist's house in Aceh was allegedly burned down by TNI personnel in July 2019.
- General Andika Perkasa Tests Positive for Covid-19
- TNI Detains Special Staff Member for 'Acting Without Authority'
- Four Men Arrested for Death of TNI Member, Three Named Suspects
- Group of Four Kill TNI Member in North Jakarta
- Four Accused Drug Couriers Sentenced to Death in Aceh
- UNHCR's Urge on Indonesia Over Rohingya Is Needless: Scholar