Four West Lombok Residents Die in Flash Flood
english.jpnn.com, LOMBOK BARAT - Heavy rains that flushed West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) since last Sunday (5/12) to Monday (6/12) resulted in the loss of four lives.
The victims died after flash floods and landslides hit Batulayar Barat village, West Lombok regency, NTB.
The four victims were Papuq Temah (80), Sumiati (50), Sumihana (35), and a baby named Ladenia who was only six months old.
"Sumihana was found by residents dead in the river while still protecting her baby," said a member of the Babinsa of Batulayar Barat village, Serda Parhan Taufik.
Floods and landslides also caused injuries.
Hajjah Selemah was crushed by the material carried by the flash flood. As a result, the victim suffered a broken leg.
One more person, H Suri (75), was reported to have been dragged into the river by the flood on behalf of and has yet to be found.
"All the victims who died have been buried. One victim with a broken bone has been treated at the hospital, and another victim is still being searched," said Serda Parhan.
Heavy rains that flushed West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) since last Sunday (5/12) to Monday (6/12) resulted in the loss of four lives.
- 4.6-Magnitude Earthquake Shakes West Lombok, Bali
- NTB Residents Dismantle Mosque's Roof Resembling That of Church
- 300 Attackers Wearing White Headbands Damage Pesantren in NTB
- BMKG Warns of Floods, Landslides in Four NTT Districts
- Five West Lombok Residents Killed in Flash Flood
- NTB to Enjoy Five Percent Economic Growth Due to Mandalika: Luhut