Aceh Woman Collapses While Receiving 100 Lashes for Zina
jpnn.com, ACEH - A woman convicted of zina (unlawful sexual intercourse), identified with the initials WDS, collapsed when being lashed on stage in the courtyard of the West Aceh District Prosecutor's Office in Meulaboh, Tuesday (25/1).
WDS fell unconscious after the 17th lash. The woman was sentenced to 100 lashes, in accordance with the Qanun Jinayat.
The medical team immediately treated the convict.
Moments later, the convict woke up and was declared healthy.
She then returned to serving the sentence, which was stopped several times because the convict was in pain.
Her male partner, Fajar Wibowo, was also sentenced to 100 lashes.
The innkeepers where the two convicts were raided, Agus Salim and Mahdi, also received 100 lashes in public. Both were found guilty of providing facilities to support the alleged crime.
The execution was witnessed by officials from the West Aceh Forkompimda, the local police, and the Satpol PP. (antara/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Wanita Ini Dihukum 100 Kali Cambuk, Baru Dicambuk Sebentar Langsung Ambruk, Lihat
An Aceh woman convicted of zina collapsed when being lashed on stage.
- Gojek Most Used for Transportation and Logistics in Indonesia
- US Believes in Indonesia, Here is the Proof
- Government Admits Indonesia's Correctional System So Far Behind Western Countries
- Jakarta Claims Majority of Papuans Support New Province
- Love Triangle Leads to Murder of Makassar Transportation Officer
- Tunjungan Plaza Mall in Surabaya Catches Fire