Habib Rizieq Detained in Prison Basement, Police Confirm
jpnn.com, JAKARTA - Recently, rumors circulated on social media that the former Grand Imam of the Islamic Defenders Front (FPI), Habib Rizieq Shihab, was detained in the basement of the South Jakarta Police criminal investigation unit detention center.
National Police spokesman Senior Commissioner Ahmad Ramadhan confirmed that it was true, adding that the detention had been carried out properly and there was even air conditioning in Habib's room.
"It is a very decent basement," Ramadhan told reporters, Tuesday (16/11).
Ramadhan also ensured that the detention room had been made according to health standards.
This mid-level officer emphasized that Habib was treated very humanely and that there was no attempt to suppress or violate human rights.
"The building also uses AC for 24 hours. The treatment is the same. There is no difference, there is no discrimination," said Ramadhan.
He also denied the allegation that there was an attempt to discriminate or treat Habib differently.
"There is no such treatment," said Ramadhan.
Police confirmed that Habib Rizieq Shihab was detained in the basement of the South Jakarta Police criminal investigation unit detention center.
- Police Detain Rico Valentino, Putra Siregar for Alleged Attack
- Police Extend Indra Kenz's Detention Amid Fraud Investigation
- Indra Kenz, Doni Salmanan in Good Health While in Detention: Police
- Rizieq's Son-in-law Speaks at Mass Action Against Gus Yaqut
- 212 PA Storms Gus Yaqut's Office Over Alleged Blasphemy
- Under Rizieq's Command, 212 PA Ready to Storm Gus Yaqut's Office