Puan Condemns Human Confinement at Langkat Regent's House
jpnn.com, JAKARTA - House Speaker Puan Maharani has condemned the human confinement at the Langkat Regent's house, where drug users were caged for rehabilitation.
"I strongly condemn this if human slavery has taken place in Langkat. This is a serious case and must be investigated immediately," said Puan, Wednesday (26/1).
Puan hoped that local police forces could monitor their respective regions to prevent similar incidents.
"Whatever the reason, slavery is the enemy of humanity, the enemy of civilization," said Puan.
She also highlighted the police report that the activity at the Langkat Regent's house had been illegal for 10 years.
Rehabilitation efforts by confining people in a prison-like place cannot be justified, according to her, adding that this case must be a lesson for everyone that good intentions will cause big problems if they are realized inappropriately.
"Therefore, in every action, we must really pay attention to the mechanisms and applicable laws," said Puan. (mcr8/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Mbak Puan Soroti Kasus Kerangkeng Manusia di Rumah Bupati Nonaktif Langkat, Simak
House Speaker Puan Maharani has condemned the human confinement at the Langkat Regent's house.
- Puan Opens Up About Meeting with Jokowi at Bogor Palace
- Puan Maharani Approves 12 Election Commissioners
- Komnas HAM Inspects Human Cages at Langkat Regent's House
- 27 Drug Users Caged, Families Reject Standardized Rehabilitation
- Police Investigate 11 Witnesses After Caged Drug Users Found
- Bruises on Drug Users Caged in Langkat Not Due to Torture: Police