'Not Compelling': Elon Musk Calls Out Metaverse, Web3
jpnn.com, AMERIKA - Tesla and SpaceX boss Elon Musk has publicly called the metaverse technology unattractive.
"I currently am unable to see a compelling metaverse situation," Musk said Friday.
He said he might be too old to understand technological developments. Musk in this case stated that he was one of those who understood the potential of the internet in 1995.
Musk added he couldn't envisage anyone strapping a screen to their face all day and not wanting to ever leave.
He also criticized Web3, decentralized apps that run on the blockchain. According to him, the technology is more inclined to marketing than reality.
Metaverse technology has been widely discussed this year since Facebook changed their name to Meta because they wanted to develop the metaverse platform. (theverge/ant/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Frontal! Bos Tesla Sebut Metaverse tidak Menarik
Tesla and SpaceX boss Elon Musk has publicly called the metaverse technology unattractive.
- US Insists Russia Should Be Expelled from G20 in Bali
- Boeing 737 Carrying 132 People Crashes in China's Forest
- Fed Raises Benchmark Interest Rate
- Russian General Dies at Hands of Ukrainian Sniper
- Russia's Economy Worsens, Ukraine Claims Opposite
- Saudi Arabia Fosters Ties with Russia Despite Ukraine Crisis