NATO to Strengthen Troops, Russia Builds Emergency Hospitals
"If you look at the buildup of the forces, Russia could be able to actually have sufficient forces for a serious invasion by the end of this month," said Bauer." Bauer said. "Whether they do that, whether they have the true intention or not, we don't know."
The latest deployment of troops on the Belarusian border includes emergency hospitals and other aid units needed to support the military offensive, Bauer added.
"If you're really considering an invasion, you actually need more than the fighting forces. And that is something we also see more and more gathered along both the borders with Ukraine and Belarus with Ukraine. That in itself is very concerning," he said. (reuters/ant/dil/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Update Konflik Eropa: NATO Pertebal Pasukan, Rusia Bangun RS Darurat di Perbatasan
NATO is considering strengthening its military in the Baltic states and Poland.
- US Insists Russia Should Be Expelled from G20 in Bali
- Bali to Repatriate Indonesian Migrant Workers from Russia
- Russia's Economy Worsens, Ukraine Claims Opposite
- Singapore to Impose Appropriate Sanctions, Restrictions on Russia
- Russia Suspended from All UEFA, FIFA Competitions
- China Supports Security Dialogue Between NATO, EU and Russia