Detention of Aesthetician Richard Lee Deemed Baseless
jpnn.com, JAKARTA - The detention of aesthetician Richard Lee by the Jakarta Police has been deemed baseless by the coordinator of the Justice Enforcement Advocates Forum (Forpak), William Yani Wea.
According to William, Richard's beauty product review on social media, which got him into a feud with celebrity Kartika Putri, was a form of public education.
"I ask the police to immediately release Richard because the allegation of him illegally accessing case evidence was baseless," William said, Wednesday (29/12).
William said it would not be easy for Richard to access his social media because his cell phone had been confiscated.
William also questioned the fact that Richard was immediately named a suspect before the investigation started.
"I see that Richard's detention has deeply hurt the justice system," he said.
In August 2021, Richard made a review of the beauty cream 'Helwa', which was promoted by Kartika, stating that a laboratory examination showed the product contained high hydroquinone of up to 5.7 percent. Meanwhile, he said, the limit of the content was only 2 percent, and its use needed a doctor's supervision.
Not accepting the review, Kartika reported Richard to the authorities for violating the ITE Law.
The detention of aesthetician Richard Lee by the Jakarta Police has been deemed baseless.
- Police Detain Rico Valentino, Putra Siregar for Alleged Attack
- Police Extend Indra Kenz's Detention Amid Fraud Investigation
- Indra Kenz, Doni Salmanan in Good Health While in Detention: Police
- Police Deny Adam Deni's Depression Claims While in Detention
- Aesthetician Richard Lee Detained, Wife Says He's Innocent
- Habib Rizieq Detained in Prison Basement, Police Confirm