Advanced to Top 16 at French Open, Indonesia's Vito Aims High
jpnn.com, JAKARTA - Indonesian men's singles badminton player Shesar Hiren Rhustavito has successfully advanced to the top 16 at the 2021 French Open after defeating Canadian representative Brian Yang.
Competing at Stade Pierre de Coubertin, Paris, on Tuesday (26/10), the player who is familiarly called Vito was ahead 21-17, 21-16 over Yang in 35 minutes.
After the match, the single player ranked 20th in the world admitted that he was happy to achieve such positive results in the opening match.
Vito admitted that he kept striving to keep his tempo during his games.
"Thank God I was able to advance to the next round. I was able to control the match with my style of play," he said in a release.
"I was carried away by the opponent's game in the second game, but I was able to return the position. After that, I found my best game and finished it positively," added Vito.
In the round of 16, Vito will face either Lee Dong Keun from South Korea or Sameer Verma from India.
Being the only Indonesian men's singles at the 2021 French Open, Vito is determined to reach to the semifinals.
Indonesian men's singles badminton player Shesar Hiren Rhustavito has successfully advanced to the top 16 at the 2021 French Open.
- Vito Beaten by Hong Kong's Lee Cheuk Yiu at German Open
- Messi vs Ronaldo Match Canceled After Drawing Error
- Champions League Top 16 Draws: MU Has Bad Luck
- Advancing to Top 16, Malaysian Duo to Compete Against Compatriots
- Indonesia Masters: Greysia, Apriyani Beat Spanish Pair in 36 Minutes
- Indonesia Masters: Malaysia Knocks Out Indonesian Pair in Top 16