Lee Zii Jia Loses in Inaugural Match at Indonesia Masters
jpnn.com, BALI - The men's singles badminton player from Malaysia, Lee Zii Jia, finished his game early at the 2021 Indonesia Masters.
In his first match, which was held at the Bali International Convention Centre, Lee chose to retire when the match had only been running for 13 minutes against Rasmus Gemke from Denmark.
As a result, Gemke was declared victorious with an 11-9 advantage.
After the match, Lee admitted that he was still not fully recovered from the injury he suffered at the 2021 Hylo Open.
"I still feel pain in my back. My current condition is still 60 percent, so I can't continue the match," said Lee.
Previously, Lee also chose to retire in the 2021 Hylo Open finals against Loh Kean Yew from Singapore.
Now, Lee said he hoped to recover soon so that he could appear at the 2021 Indonesia Open, November 23-28. (mcr16/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Tragis! Lee Zii Jia Tumbang di Laga Perdana Indonesia Masters 2021
The men's singles badminton player from Malaysia, Lee Zii Jia, finished his game early at the 2021 Indonesia Masters.
- Lakhsya Sen Thwarts Lee Zii Jia's Title Defense at All England
- Lee Zii Jia Beats Loh Kean Yew in 30 Minutes at BATC
- Malaysia's Lee Zii Jia Banned After Quitting National Team
- Zii Jia Suffers Bleeding When Playing Against Anders Antonsen
- Lee Zii Jia Secures Ticket for World Tour Semifinals
- Lee Zii Jia Destroys Toma Junior Popov in Less Than One Hour