Prisoner in Agam Found Hanging Dead While Plastic Handcuffed
jpnn.com, AGAM - Syafrizal alias Paron (34), a prisoner in the Lubukbasung Correctional Institution, Agam regency, West Sumatra, was found dead hanging from raffia strands in his solitary confinement room, Monday (10/1) morning.
He was found dead by officers who carried out a morning patrol.
Lubukbasung Correctional Institution head Suroto said that he had reported the incident to the Agam Police and the Manggopoh community health center, which would investigate the cause of Syafrizal's death.
An initial investigation pointed to a suicide.
"In addition, we made a report to the Law and Human Rights Ministry's West Sumatra Office and the correctional division," Suroto said.
He added that the inmate was a 5.4-year verdict for narcotics abuse.
Syafrizal was arrested on April 16, 2021. He escaped from the prison by climbing over the fence on August 28, 2021.
He was arrested again in Tiku, Tanjungmutiara, on January 7. A member of the Agam Police shot his left calf as he was trying to run.
A prisoner in the Lubukbasung Correctional Institution, Agam regency, West Sumatra, was found hanging dead.
- Gojek Most Used for Transportation and Logistics in Indonesia
- US Believes in Indonesia, Here is the Proof
- Government Admits Indonesia's Correctional System So Far Behind Western Countries
- Jakarta Claims Majority of Papuans Support New Province
- Love Triangle Leads to Murder of Makassar Transportation Officer
- Tunjungan Plaza Mall in Surabaya Catches Fire