Hundreds of Muslims Hold Mass Action Urging Yaqut's Removal
english.jpnn.com, JAKARTA - Members of the 212 Alumni Brotherhood (PA) and Islamic organizations arrived at Jalan Merdeka Barat, Central Jakarta, Friday (25/3) afternoon.
Hundreds of people were seen arriving with their command cars.
They were immediately directed by the police to the West Merdeka National Monument (Monas) Silang gate.
An orator then invited the masses to shout takbir (God is great).
"We will run the event in an orderly and calmly manner, under full command," said the orator.
PA 212 Deputy Secretary General Novel Bamukmin said this was an action to defend Islam and to urge Religious Affairs Minister Yaqut Cholil Qoumas to be removed from his position and imprisoned.
Yaqut has been criticized by the Muslim community for comparing the call to prayer through loudspeakers in mosques to barking dogs. (mcr18/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Massa Aksi PA 212 Datang, Teriakan Takbir Bergemuruh
Hundreds of members of the 212 Alumni Brotherhood (PA) and Islamic organizations arrived at Jalan Merdeka Barat.
- Rizieq's Son-in-law Speaks at Mass Action Against Gus Yaqut
- 212 PA Storms Gus Yaqut's Office Over Alleged Blasphemy
- Under Rizieq's Command, 212 PA Ready to Storm Gus Yaqut's Office
- 212 PA to Protest Against Gus Yaqut's Controversial Remark
- Arteria Dahlan Offended Sundanese People, 212 PA Says
- Not Prabowo-Sandi, These 5 Names Likely to Be Backed by 212 PA