BioNTech Begins Development of Covid-19 Vaccine Against Omicron
jpnn.com, JAKARTA - BioNTech has announced that it has started developing a customized Covid-19 vaccine against the Omicron variant.
As is known, the Omicron variant was found in South Africa.
The company, which partnered with Pfizer, said development of a specific vaccine was part of the company's standard procedures for new variants.
However, BioNTech has not yet determined whether to remake an existing Covid-19 vaccine.
"The first steps of developing a potential new vaccine overlap with the research necessary in order to evaluate whether a new shot will be needed," said BioNTech.
WHO said Omicron carried a very high risk of a global spike as more and more countries reported findings of the variant and pushed for border closures.
BioNTech said they expect more data from the lab in the next two weeks.
This will help determine whether it is necessary to produce an Omicron-specific vaccine.
BioNTech has announced that it has started developing a customized Covid-19 vaccine against the Omicron variant.
- No More Mask! Indonesia Ease Covid-19 Restrictions Starting Today
- Unud Implements Full Offline Learning as Covid-19 Cases Decline
- US Has Sent 35.8 Million Doses of Covid-19 Vaccine to Indonesia
- News Presenter Ira Koesno's Father Dies Due to Covid-19
- Moderna Booster Vaccine Now Available in Jakarta
- Jonatan Christie Eliminated from German Open, Contracts Covid-19