Student Demonstration in Jakarta Ends in Chaos
english.jpnn.com, JAKARTA - A demonstration involving student executive boards from various universities ended in chaos in front of the House of Representatives headquarters, Monday (11/4).
After House Deputy Speaker Sufmi Dasco Ahmad welcomed the students, the students planned to disband themselves but were blocked by various parties such as online drivers and housewives, who demanded that the students continue to make speeches.
Clashes occurred among them. The situation was out of control.
Prior to the clashes, the mass burned tires. Police members who tried to extinguish the fire were pelted with stones.
The police finally dispelled the mass by firing tear gas.
The demonstration was meant to reject the postponement of the 2024 election and the extension of the president's term of office. (mcr8/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Demo 11 April Rusuh, Terjadi Bentrokan, Polisi Tembakkan Gas Air Mata
A demonstration involving student executive boards from various universities ended in chaos.
- Top University's Student Head Calls Minister Luhut Arrogant
- Moeldoko Condemns Attack on Ade Armando During Student Protest
- Attack on Lecturer Ade Armando Was Planned, Says IPW
- Lecturer Ade Armando Attacked During Chaotic Student Protest
- Mahfud MD Asks Intelligence Officer to Anticipate Student Demo
- Student Executive Boards to Hold Protest Against Election Delay