16 Snow-Tourists Die After Being Trapped at Pakistan Hill Station
Sunday, 09 January 2022 – 04:23 GMT+7
"[I] have ordered inquiry and putting in place strong regulations to ensure prevention of such tragedies," Khan said in a tweet.
Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry asked the public not to visit Murree.
The snow, which started falling on Tuesday night, continues to fall periodically and attracts thousands of tourists.
Local media reported more than 100,000 vehicles entered the tourist town.
Videos shared on social media showed several families, including children, dying in their snow-covered vehicles. (reuters/antara/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Berita Duka, 16 Turis Meninggal Dunia di Bukit Pakistan
At least 16 tourists died from the cold after being trapped in their vehicles in northern Pakistan.
- US Insists Russia Should Be Expelled from G20 in Bali
- Boeing 737 Carrying 132 People Crashes in China's Forest
- Fed Raises Benchmark Interest Rate
- Russian General Dies at Hands of Ukrainian Sniper
- Russia's Economy Worsens, Ukraine Claims Opposite
- Saudi Arabia Fosters Ties with Russia Despite Ukraine Crisis