Gunmen on Motorbikes Kill 18 People at Mosque in Nigeria
jpnn.com, NIGERIA - At least 18 people are reported to have been killed by a group of armed men at a mosque in northern Nigeria.
The armed group was reportedly riding a motorbike, Reuters reported on Monday (25/10).
According to residents' testimonies, the attackers arrived at the Maza-Kuka community in the Mashegu local government area at around 5 a.m. local time.
"They came and went straight to the mosque and opened fire on the congregation without excluding anyone," said resident Abdulganiyu Hassan.
Hassan said the gunmen also kidnapped more than 10 people.
A resident and another witness, Bello Ayuba, said at least 20 people were injured.
A spokesman for the Niger state police did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Armed bandits operating for money have kidnapped or killed hundreds of people in Nigeria's northwestern region so far this year.
At least 18 people are reported to have been killed by a group of armed men at a mosque in northern Nigeria.
- US Insists Russia Should Be Expelled from G20 in Bali
- Boeing 737 Carrying 132 People Crashes in China's Forest
- Fed Raises Benchmark Interest Rate
- Russian General Dies at Hands of Ukrainian Sniper
- Russia's Economy Worsens, Ukraine Claims Opposite
- Saudi Arabia Fosters Ties with Russia Despite Ukraine Crisis