WHO Calls Omicron Causes Very High Risk, But Severity Is Unknown
Monday, 13 December 2021 – 20:54 GMT+7
"Even if the severity is potentially lower than for the Delta variant, it is expected that hospitalisations will increase as a result of increasing transmission. More hospitalizations can put a burden on health systems and lead to more deaths."
More detailed information was expected in the coming weeks, the WHO said, because there was a time lag between infection and its aftermath. (ant/dil/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: WHO Sebut Risiko Omicron Sangat Tinggi, tetapi Tingkat Keparahannya Belum Diketahui
Omicron, a new variant of the coronavirus that has been found in more than 60 countries, carries a "very high global risk," said the WHO.
- No More Mask! Indonesia Ease Covid-19 Restrictions Starting Today
- Unud Implements Full Offline Learning as Covid-19 Cases Decline
- News Presenter Ira Koesno's Father Dies Due to Covid-19
- Moderna Booster Vaccine Now Available in Jakarta
- Jonatan Christie Eliminated from German Open, Contracts Covid-19
- General Andika Perkasa Tests Positive for Covid-19