Pfizer Vaccine May Partially Protect Against Omicron: Study
All manufacturers, including Pfizer and BioNTech, are expected to release their data in a few weeks.
The leading infectious disease expert in the US, Dr. Anthony Fauci, said on Tuesday that preliminary evidence suggested the Omicron variant of Covid-19 might have a higher transmission rate, but was less severe.
He said the US was conducting tests to determine current vaccine protection against the variant and expected results to be out next week.
Umer Raffat, an analyst with Evercore ISI, cautioned against reading too much into one study and notes that there was significant variability in measuring decreased antibody levels in previous laboratory studies. (ant/dil/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Afrika Selatan: Keampuhan Vaksin Pfizer Anjlok Melawan Omicron
Two doses of Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine do not provide full protection against the Omicron Covid-19 variant.
- No More Mask! Indonesia Ease Covid-19 Restrictions Starting Today
- Unud Implements Full Offline Learning as Covid-19 Cases Decline
- News Presenter Ira Koesno's Father Dies Due to Covid-19
- Moderna Booster Vaccine Now Available in Jakarta
- Jonatan Christie Eliminated from German Open, Contracts Covid-19
- General Andika Perkasa Tests Positive for Covid-19