Sinovac to Research Omicron's Impact on Inactivated Vaccine
jpnn.com, CHINA - A leading vaccine manufacturer in China, Sinovac Biotech, will conduct research to determine the impact of the Omicron variant on the inactivated Covid-19 vaccine.
"We will also evaluate whether it is necessary to develop a new vaccine to deal with the Omicron variant in the near future," Sinovac said in a statement in Beijing, China, Tuesday.
The Beijing-based vaccine manufacturer has been monitoring the development of cases of the Omicron variant.
"We are also actively collecting information and samples of Omicron variants through our worldwide network of partners," Sinovac said.
Previously, Sinovac developed an inactivated Covid-19 vaccine for the Gamma and Delta variants.
"If needed, we will immediately develop and launch a new vaccine production on a large scale in order to meet the needs of new vaccinations," said Sinovac. (ant/dil/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Varian Omicron Mengancam, Sinovac Tidak Tinggal Diam
Sinovac Biotech will conduct research to determine the impact of the Omicron variant on the inactivated Covid-19 vaccine.
- No More Mask! Indonesia Ease Covid-19 Restrictions Starting Today
- Unud Implements Full Offline Learning as Covid-19 Cases Decline
- News Presenter Ira Koesno's Father Dies Due to Covid-19
- Moderna Booster Vaccine Now Available in Jakarta
- Jonatan Christie Eliminated from German Open, Contracts Covid-19
- General Andika Perkasa Tests Positive for Covid-19