Russia's Covid-19 Deaths Break Record
jpnn.com, RUSIA - Russia announced on Wednesday a record of 1,239 daily Covid-19 deaths, the highest death toll just days after most regions reopened businesses that had been closed for a week to contain the spread of the virus.
The government's Covid-19 task force also reported 38,058 new cases, including 3,927 in the capital Moscow.
Health Minister Mikhail Murashko said in parliament on Wednesday that the oxygen supply in hospitals in Russia's 12 regions was only sufficient for the next one or two days unless there was a refill.
At the same time, he said, a number of regions were starting to report a decline in cases, and vaccinations had paid off because only three to four percent of Russians who had been vaccinated were infected.
More than 62 million Russians had received at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccine, Murashko said. (ant/dil/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Rekor Kematian Akibat COVID-19 Pecah, Menkes Tambah Lagi Kabar Buruk
Russia announced on Wednesday a record of 1,239 daily Covid-19 deaths.
- No More Mask! Indonesia Ease Covid-19 Restrictions Starting Today
- US Insists Russia Should Be Expelled from G20 in Bali
- Unud Implements Full Offline Learning as Covid-19 Cases Decline
- News Presenter Ira Koesno's Father Dies Due to Covid-19
- Moderna Booster Vaccine Now Available in Jakarta
- Jonatan Christie Eliminated from German Open, Contracts Covid-19