UK Considers Personal Sanctions Against Putin If Ukraine Invaded
jpnn.com, INGGRIS - The United Kingdom has not ruled out sanctions against Kremlin leader Vladimir Putin personally if Russia invades Ukraine, British Foreign Secretary Liz Truss has said.
When asked about possible sanctions against Putin, Truss told Sky they were not ruling anything out.
"We'll be bringing forward new legislation to make our sanctions regime tougher so we are able to target more companies and individuals in Russia. We will be bringing that forward in the next few days. I'm not ruling that out," Truss said.
The UK previously accused the Kremlin of trying to install a pro-Russian leader in Ukraine.
The accusations came amid heightened tensions between Russia and Western countries sparked by the deployment of Russian troops near the border with Ukraine.
Moscow has denied it will invade Ukraine. (ant/dil/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Inggris Siapkan Sanksi Lebih Keras untuk Rusia, Putin Terancam Disikat
The UK has not ruled out sanctions against Vladimir Putin personally if Russia invades Ukraine.
- Rupiah Falls as Russia-Ukraine Negotiation Fails
- 80 Indonesians in Ukraine Return to Homeland
- Russia's Economy Worsens, Ukraine Claims Opposite
- Saudi Arabia Fosters Ties with Russia Despite Ukraine Crisis
- Singapore to Impose Appropriate Sanctions, Restrictions on Russia
- China Supports Security Dialogue Between NATO, EU and Russia