The Minions Advance to Semifinals After Beating Malaysia
jpnn.com, BALI - Indonesia's Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo and Marcus Fernaldi Gideon, a.k.a The Minions, advanced to the semifinals of the 2021 Indonesia Open after defeating Malaysian pair Ong Yew Sin and Teo Ee Yi.
Competing at the Bali International Convention Center, Friday (26/11), The Minions won the rubber game with a score of 14-21, 21-14, and 21-16.
In the first match, the two pairs were immediately involved in fast-paced games. Ong and Teo were able to lead 5-2 in a relatively short time.
However, The Minions equalized to 8-8. The Malaysian duo closed the first interval with an 11-8 advantage.
After the interval, Kevin and Marcus immediately started to attack. As a result, the world number one double was able to reduce the score to 12-13.
However, The Minions often made mistakes until Ong and Teo moved the score back to 15-12.
Ong and Teo had the upper hand as their hard smashes often penetrated the Minions' defenses.
The Malaysian duo finally closed the first game with a 21-14 advantage.
Indonesia's Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo and Marcus Fernaldi Gideon, a.k.a The Minions, advanced to the semifinals of the 2021 Indonesia Open.
- Manchester City Advance to Semifinals of Champions League
- Lee Zii Jia Secures Ticket for World Tour Semifinals
- The Minions Beats Tokyo Olympic Champions
- Mathias Chistiansen, Alexandra Boje Destroy Indonesian Pair
- Anders Antonsen Says Goodbye, Jonatan Christie Moves to Semifinals
- The Minions Kick South Korean Duo Out of Indonesia Open