Indonesia Open: Indonesia's Mixed Doubles Lose to Malaysia
jpnn.com, BALI - Malaysian mixed doubles badminton players Chan Peng Soon and Goh Liu Ying have defeated host representatives Zachariah Josiahno Sumanti and Hediana Juliamarbela at the 2021 Indonesia Open.
Competing at the Bali International Convention Center, Tuesday (23/11), Chan and Goh won two straight games with a score of 21-12 and 21-17.
After the match, Chan and Goh agreed that both of them had adapted better after being eliminated in the previous tournament, namely the 2021 Indonesia Masters.
"We have adapted well here from the field, the shuttlecock, to the weather. So far, it has been very good. We have prepared everything," said Chan.
Goh said that he and Chan had developed a lot mentally.
"Our mental is much better. We are ready to navigate the tournament this time," said Goh.
The victory over the host representatives led Chan and Goh to the top 16 to face German players Jones Ralfy Jansen and Linda Elfer.
In the previous match, Jansen and Elfer defeated Indian pair Venkat Gaurav Prasad and Juhi Dewangan in two straight games with a score of 21-12 and 21-4.
Malaysian badminton players Chan Peng Soon and Goh Liu Ying have defeated host representatives Zachariah Josiahno Sumanti and Hediana Juliamarbela.
- Over 300 Alleged Omicron Carriers Enter Malaysia in One Week
- Seven NTB Migrant Workers Drown in Johor Bahru Waters
- Indonesia Beats Malaysia 4-1, Elkan Baggott Makes Debut Goal
- 25 Indonesians Missing After Passenger Ship Capsizes in Malaysia
- Malaysia's Ruling Party Disappointed Over Rejection of Najib's Appeal
- Chan Peng Soon, Goh Liu Ying Split Up After 13 Years Together