Kento Momota Withdraws from World Tour Finals Due to Back Injury
jpnn.com, BALI - Japanese badminton king Kento Momota has decided to withdraw from the 2021 BWF World Tour Finals after suffering a back injury.
Momota's back problem occurred when he challenged India's representative, Lakshya Sen, in the inaugural Group A match.
The game had only been running for one minute and the position was tied at 1-1 when Momota chose to resign.
The world number two single said his back had already been sore since the morning.
"Since this morning, I have felt pain in my back. In this match, I couldn't bounce to see the shuttlecock," said Momota.
The 27-year-old badminton player admitted that he was sad that he could not continue the match. He apologized to the fans who were waiting for his performance.
"I'm very sad that I can't give my best for the fans in this tournament," said Momota.
After withdrawing from the 2021 BWF World Tour Finals, Momota still has the opportunity to appear at the World Championships, which will take place in Spain from December 12 to December 19.
Japanese badminton king Kento Momota has decided to withdraw from the 2021 BWF World Tour Finals after suffering a back injury.
- Two World's Top Players Eliminated from German Open
- PBSI Withdraws Indonesia from BWF World Championships
- Greysia, Apriyani Fail to Advance to World Tour Finals
- World Tour Finals: Korea's An Seyoung Beats Thailand in 37 Minutes
- Viktor Axelsen Officially Becomes World's Number One
- If Not Badminton, Kento Momota Would Choose Softball