China Appreciates Nicaragua Cutting Ties With Taiwan
jpnn.com, CHINA - The Chinese government believes that Nicaragua's decision to re-establish diplomatic relations with the world's most populous country is right and deserves appreciation.
This is the right choice because it is in line with global trends and has people's support, according to a written statement from the Chinese Foreign Ministry received by ANTARA Beijing, Friday morning.
The Chinese and Nicaraguan delegates met and signed a joint communique in Tianjin City to announce the resumption of diplomatic relations.
The two governments have decided on mutual recognition and the resumption of diplomatic relations at the embassy level effective from the signing of the joint communique, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said.
For China, Nicaragua is an important country in Central America.
Nicaragua has finally recognized and committed to adhere to the "One China" principle so that it would no longer have any formal exchanges or relations with Taiwan.
China will cooperate with Nicaragua in various sectors for the mutual benefit of the people of both countries.
Last September, Honduran President Xiomara Castro also expressed his desire to re-establish diplomatic and commercial relations with China.
The Chinese government believes that Nicaragua's decision to re-establish diplomatic relations with China is right and deserves appreciation.
- Boeing 737 Carrying 132 People Crashes in China's Forest
- China Supports Security Dialogue Between NATO, EU and Russia
- Indonesia's Economic Growth Overtakes China: BPS
- China Vows to Retaliate for US Action to Revoke Unicom's License
- China Reports First Iranian Oil Imports Amid US Sanctions
- Australia, UK to Fight Against Hostile Countries in Cyberspace