After Cassandra Angelie, More Online Prostitution Cases Revealed
jpnn.com, GARUT - After Cassandra Angelie's prostitution case came to light, more similar cases were revealed by the authorities during New Year's Eve.
The police arrested two alleged pimps in a hotel room in the Cipanas tourist attraction, Garut regency, West Java.
"The Sancang team successfully uncovered the practice of online prostitution at the Cipanas tourist attraction, securing the pimps and the women," said Garut Police chief Senior Adjutant Commissioner Wirdhanto Hadicaksono during a press conference in Garut, Friday (1/1).
He said the Garut Police launched an investigation upon receiving reports from the public.
The police secured two pimps who offered the services on social media with rates ranging from Rp 400,000 to Rp 800,000.
In addition to the two pimps, said the police chief, three women were arrested in a hotel room in the Cipanas area.
The practice, he said, had been going on for six months. The police will continue to develop the case to uncover similar practices in other places.
The police confiscated cash as a proof of the transactions, contraceptives, and mobile phones.
After Cassandra Angelie's prostitution case came to light, more similar cases were revealed by the authorities during New Year's Eve.
- Two Separate Earthquakes Shake Garut, Pangandaran
- Cassandra Angelie Not Detained After Being Named Suspect
- Cassandra Angelie's Old Video Resurfaces Amid Prostitution Case
- Cassandra Angelie Is Not Only Perpetrator But Also Victim: Police
- Five Facts About Cassandra Angelie's Arrest Over Prostitution
- A Silent New Year's Eve in Bali