Gus Yahya Elected as New Chairman of Nahdlatul Ulama
jpnn.com, BANDAR LAMPUNG - KH Yahya Cholil Staquf, more well-known as Gus Yahya, was elected as the new general chairman of Nahdlatul Ulama (NU), Indonesia's largest Muslim organization. He will serve until 2026.
The election was done during the 34th NU Conference at the University of Lampung, Bandar Lampung, Friday (24/12) morning.
Gus beat the incumbent KH Said Aqil Siroj, with the former gaining 337 votes and the latter 210 votes.
According to the committee, there were 548 participants, with one vote being cancelled.
"Gus Yahya has the most votes. This is a victory for NU and all of us," said the committee.
Gus and Said had eliminated three other candidates, namely KH As'ad Said Ali, KH Marzuki Mustamar, and Ramadan Buayo. (cr8/fat/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Gus Yahya Terpilih sebagai Ketua Umum PBNU 2021-2026
Gus Yahya was elected as the new general chairman of Nahdlatul Ulama (NU), Indonesia's largest Muslim organization.
- Society Increasingly Dependent on GOTO Ecosystem Services
- Indonesia Needs New Breakthrough to Reduce Smoking Prevalence
- Indonesia Needs More Non-Tobacco Products Research
- No More Mask! Indonesia Ease Covid-19 Restrictions Starting Today
- 5-Magnitude Earthquake Strikes North Maluku
- Indonesia Condemns Attack on Al-Aqsa Mosque in Palestine