Shin Rules Out AFF Alumni Players in Match Against Timor Leste
jpnn.com, JAKARTA - The Indonesian national soccer team will deploy 27 men to play a test match against Timor Leste on January 24 and January 27.
Coach Shin Tae Yong does not include the 11 alumni players of the 2020 AFF Cup in the lineup.
The 11 names are Egy Maulana Vikri, Asnawi Mangkualam, Witan Sulaeman, Victor Igbonefo, Ryuji Utomo, Marckho Sandy Meraudje, Kadek Agung, Muhammad Riyandi, Ahmad Agung, Kushedya Hari Yudo, and Ezra Walian.
There are a number of reasons why Shin makes this choice. One of them is that he wants to review the competence of other players in defending the Garuda squad.
One area that Shin focuses more on is the front row, which Shin said was the weakest position in the team during the AFF semifinal match against Thailand.
Instead of Kushedya Hari Yudo and Ezra Walian, Shin now calls two young strikers, namely Ronaldo Kwateh and Muhammad Rafli. (mcr15/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Timnas Indonesia vs Timor Leste: Shin Tae Yong Abaikan 11 Pemain Alumni Piala AFF 2020
The Indonesian national soccer team will deploy 27 men to play a test match against Timor Leste .
- Pratama Arhan Signed by Japanese League Club
- Bagus Kahfi Reacts to Being Excluded from U-23 in Bali
- Shin Tae Yong Dissatisfied with Indonesia-Timor Leste Match Result
- After 2020 AFF Cup, Pratama Arhan Wanted by South Korean Clubs
- Shin Tae Yong Readies Garuda Squad for Three Competitions in 2022
- Jokowi Proud of Indonesia's Achievement in 2020 AFF Cup