Mario Gerungan to Strengthen New Team at 2022 IBL
jpnn.com, JAKARTA - Basketball player Mario Gerungan will return to play in the most competitive Indonesian basketball tournament, IBL, in 2022.
The former Aspac Jakarta player will play for the new team, the Tangerang Hawks.
This will be Mario's returning moment after deciding to retire in 2017.
He is willing to be part of the Tangerang Hawks in order to help the young players of Efri Meldi's squad to develop.
"Bringing the Tangerang Hawks to the playoffs is a must. In addition, I also want to help this team develop to the next level," said Mario, as quoted by the official IBL website.
Mario had played for Aspac Junior since 2000 before moving to the senior team in 2007.
The player played for Merah Putih in the 2011 FIBA Championship, which was held in Wuhan.
With Aspac, Mario has won many titles, including the back to back NBL Indonesia champion in the 2012/13 and 2013/14 seasons. (ibl/mcr16/mcr20/jpnn)
This news has been broadcast on JPNN.com with the title: Turun Gunung, Mario Gerungan Perkuat Tim Baru di IBL 2022
Basketball player Mario Gerungan will return to play in the most competitive Indonesian basketball tournament, IBL, in 2022.
- Shin Rules Out AFF Alumni Players in Match Against Timor Leste
- Marc Marquez Returns to Algarve Circuit After Eye Injury
- The Daddies Lose to Host Pair in India Open Final
- The Daddies Advance to India Open Final After Defeating Malaysia
- 300 Homestays Ready for MotoGP, Jokowi Says
- Seven Badminton Players Test Positive for Covid-19 at India Open