Novia Widyasari Once Reported Sexual Violence to Campus
jpnn.com, JAWA TIMUR - Brawijaya University in Malang, East Java, has said that suicide victim Novia Widyasari Rahayu had reported a case of alleged sexual harassment to the campus before her death.
Novia, who was a student of English Education, Faculty of Cultural Sciences at the university, reported the case in January 2020.
The alleged perpetrator was RAW, his senior.
"The incident allegedly happened in 2017 and the culprit was a senior, who was also an English Education student with the initials RAW," said faculty dean Agus Suman, as quoted by the campus website.
After receiving the report, the faculty followed up by forming an ethics commission. An examination proved that RAW was guilty.
"The faculty provided sanctions and guidance to RAW, and assistance was also given to Novia in the form of counseling according to the applicable rules," Agus said.
The campus maintained the confidentiality of Novia's identity so that her academic journey could continue well.
The faculty revealed this information recently as it was accused of ignoring Novia's past report.
Suicide victim Novia Widyasari Rahayu had reported a case of alleged sexual harassment to her campus before her death.
- NTB Residents Dismantle Mosque's Roof Resembling That of Church
- Four Men Arrested for Death of TNI Member, Three Named Suspects
- Man Allegedly Molests 7-Year-Old Autistic Boy in Bekasi
- Group of Four Kill TNI Member in North Jakarta
- Two Sisters Among Three Children Drown in Public Bath in Toba
- Over 1,000 Buildings Damaged by Banten Earthquake