Update: 28 People Die Due to Mount Semeru Eruption
jpnn.com, JAWA TIMUR - The number of people who died due to the eruption of Mount Semeru in Lumajang, East Java, increased on Tuesday (7/12).
Based on the observation of jatim.jpnn.com in the field, six more bodies have been found.
One body could not be evacuated because of an increased activity of Mount Semeru at 07.45 a.m., when evacuation officers rushed to save themselves to a safer location.
The bodies were discovered on the hillside of the Curah Koboan hamlet, Supiturang village, Candipuro district.
Thus, the death toll from the eruption of Mount Semeru increased to 28 people as of December 7, 2021, noon.
So far, the worst affected area has been the Curah Koboan hamlet.
Rahman, a resident of Sumbermujur village, Candipuro, said that Curah Koboan was a sand mining site.
"The victims might be generally miners," he said.
The number of people who died due to the eruption of Mount Semeru has increased to 28 as of Tuesday noon.
- NTB Residents Dismantle Mosque's Roof Resembling That of Church
- Four Men Arrested for Death of TNI Member, Three Named Suspects
- Man Allegedly Molests 7-Year-Old Autistic Boy in Bekasi
- Group of Four Kill TNI Member in North Jakarta
- Two Sisters Among Three Children Drown in Public Bath in Toba
- Over 1,000 Buildings Damaged by Banten Earthquake